Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Monday

It’s Monday, so I’m not out of the woods yet.  I’m trying to type this with all three sets of fingers and thumbs, and was tempted to cut my writing time by about 75% by just typing and not bothering to make it ready for prime time.  Sadly, in just those two sentences, I had seven typos, pretty much all of which were left hand fat-finger typos, so I’m taking the time to fix stuff.  It will quadruple the time it takes to write this, but at least it won’t look like I’m as clumsy as I am.
The problem is that while the left hand started out working OK, just typing that single paragraph has tightened everything up from the shoulder on down.  I’m now officially typing with the full capacity of my right hand, but only about one and a half fingers on the left.  The left pinky and ring finger have taken the rest of the day off, and about all the middle finger is good for now is to flip someone off, which neither contributes anything to the creation of this document,  nor do I feel even the slightest inclination to so employ the aforementioned set of phalanges.
Monday is my busiest day if everything falls into place.  Generally speaking, I try to write a BLOG, and if they weren’t ready Sunday night, I download a couple of 45-60 minute long audio files to edit them so they can be uploaded back to the home server and then broken up into two or three radio broadcasts back in Pittsburgh.  I spend the meat of Monday editing so both are complete before I go to bed.
How long this process takes depends on who is speaking.  There are three or four people who preach back at our home church in Pittsburgh in addition to the Senior Pastor.  He is usually the easiest and quickest to edit.  The other guys take a little more work mostly because their preaching style is different than the Senior Pastor’s, and since I edit his more often than anyone else, I am more familiar with his style of speaking.
This particular Monday morning began a little differently.  On Mondays and Thursdays, MIL has a personal aide who comes to help her bathe.  About a month ago, the aide mentioned that she had never had Eggs Benedict (poached egg on ham or Canadian Bacon on a toasted English muffin, lathered in Hollandaise sauce) so while she was bathing MIL, I prepared her special breakfast.
The bad news is that her granddaughter took her out to breakfast yesterday morning, and she ordered it at a local restaurant.  The good news is that she said my sauce tasted better.
The best news?  While she was eating the breakfast I prepared for her, the discussion turned to things political, and I was able to share Christ with her by mentioning something I’d heard one of the Saturday night preachers say in his message a couple of weeks ago.  (Pastor Tom, challenge met – and it’s not even lunch time!)  What was said?  I’m glad you asked.
While editing the September 25th (I think) message, I heard the speaker say something along the lines of  “It really doesn’t matter who you send to Washington.  Republican, Democrat or something else – they’re not going to change this nation.  The only thing that will change America is personal repentance, personal revival, personal return to God.  2 Chronicles 7:14 says ‘if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  Individual personal revival spreading across the land is the only thing that will change America.”
Now, 45 minutes later (Yes, it took that long to type just over 650 words), if you will excuse me, it’s Monday, and I have some editing to do.

No comments: